DDEAMC continues to care for patients
“Essential services and patient care are still available and appointments will not be cancelled,” said Col. John P. Lamoureux, DDEAMC Commander.
By law, during a lapse in appropriations the Department of Defense can only conduct activities designed to protect safety of life and property. Therefore, the Army Medical Command instructed all Army medical facilities to continue the following:
• All inpatient and wounded warrior care activities
• Outpatient care
• Appointing functions
• Timely follow-up and management of existing conditions on a walk-in basis
• Medical care such as behavioral health, obstetrics, pediatrics, adult appointments already scheduled will not be cancelled and care will be provided in conjunction with same-day care
• Pharmacies, labs, and radiology will continue to provide services to include refill of meds
• Medical/dental readiness support and emergency response
• Medical support to mission critical operational forces, to include training
Elective medical or dental surgeries/procedures, however, are curtailed unless the attending provider assesses threat to life or limb.
For beneficiaries with TRICARE concerns, the Defense Health Agency has issued the following statement:
“We know that those who rely on the Military Health System are concerned about how the government shutdown might impact their health care. While we can’t predict the exact consequences of a shutdown on every part of our MHS, we will likely see some impact on the delivery of health care services within our military hospitals and clinics. Inpatient, acute and emergency outpatient care in our medical and dental facilities will continue, as will private sector care under TRICARE.”
“We are committed to caring for of our service members and their families, and our employees at DDEAMC, who have shown so much dedication through furloughs that I have faith that we will push through this as well.” said Lamoureux.
For questions about upcoming appointments, call your clinic or the DDEAMC information desk at 787-5811.